For the third year in a row, Mass Mentoring Partnership is honored to be an official charity partner of the B.A.A. Boston Marathon® on April 15. We want you to meet our amazing runners. Let’s go Team MMP!
Favorite song to listen to while running: James Taylor’s “How Sweet it is to be loved by you” (Boston Live version)
Favorite post-run snack: Cheerios with almond milk
- What inspired you to run the 2013 Boston Marathon for MMP? Hundreds of mentees/mentors – I receive remarkable feedback on a regular basis on the life-changing impact a mentor has on a child/young or adult.
- What has been the most rewarding experience of your training and/or fundraising so far? Having our amazing, remarkable, committed, passionate, caring and most beautiful Old Colony Y mentoring employees thank me for supporting MMP and our mentoring efforts! (Jeff is the chief operating officer at the Old Colony Y in Brockton)
- Tell me about your mentee! Iraimi is a remarkable young woman who had experienced being homeless at a young age and was with the Y in our mentoring and housing programs. She graduated from Wheaton College this past spring and, after a highly competitive, nation-wide process, was selected as a Watson Fellow. As a Watson Fellow, she is now touring four countries this year – Scotland, Senegal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka – to study youth
- development work, mentoring and developmental assets. All because she was mentored. So exciting!
- What do you think is the most important thing a mentor can do for a child? Listen and be totally committed to the mentees while you are with them.
- What is the best piece of advice a mentor can give? Have confidence in yourself, take calculated risks and set high goals.
- Complete this sentence: When I finish the Marathon, I will feel…Very sore and tired HA! Actually, I will feel quite proud and fulfilled I was able to help in a small way an agency fulfill its mission. Mass Mentoring Partnership is the best mentoring advocacy group in the world! I see their efforts and outcomes daily!
If you would like to read more about Jeff or make a donation to his fundraising, visit http://www.razoo.com/story/Jeff-Russell-1